cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wave
Advocate II
Advocate II

JSON with unkown Strings/Keys (dynamic JSON?)

Haven't done that much with flows and even less with json and I am having a little trouble with JSON where the schema changes depending on the input.
Honestly I was hoping that I wouldn't need to use JSON at all for this reason but cannot find another way to output the array (table) to powerapps or sharepoint without it. Several steps in the flow but the final creates an array. Ideally this would end up being a datatable (or gallery) in powerapps or a list in sharepoint, depending on other variables. trying it without request response I just get Status True in powerapps or nothing at all. It would be simple if I can just get the array as is out.
Is it possible to use json when the schema changes on almost every trigger? if so how please?
What other way is there to get the table/rows out to powerapps?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Wave 

I would create a JSON schema that include all the possible properties, and allowing them to have null values. Have a look at this excellent blog post by @JohnLiu A Thesis on the Parse JSON action in Microsoft Flow — John Liu .NET

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (46,360)