Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
comecome
Level: Powered On

Join records in the cloud with Flow

Hello

I am getting Excel records from Microsoft Forms and dealing them with Microsoft Flow. I would like that my application run all in the cloud just using Office 365 cloud tools.

The piece I miss is how to join 2 Excel files just in the cloud (the 2 files are now in Teams - so I've got Sharepoint links to them)

In Excel Online I cannot use external references, I cannot use Power Query etc...

I wonder if I could solve the of join records issue only in the cloud and only with tools from the cloud.

Maybe the only solution would be to upload my excel files to SQL tables in the cloud and do the join there with some flow? (I don't like it) Could I join if I export the files to any Sharepoint lists and using some MS Flow?

Any other suggestion for some MS Flow or MS O365 tool?

It would be also a perfomance issue, if I join each record when it is produced then I have not to join the whole file!

Many thanks in advance
Javier

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Join records in the cloud with Flow

Hi @comecome,

You could save the excel in your Onedrive for business and then you could get excel records using the "Get rows" of excel connector.

Best regards,

Alice

comecome
Level: Powered On

Re: Join records in the cloud with Flow

Thank you... I was able to do what you said but this doesn't solve my problem because this leads me to solve the join issue (vlookup) on premises.
If I do the join in the cloud my model will be simplified and I would have a better performance and the dataset would be available for other processes.

I read but not tested that I could do it using SharePoint lookup columns I could get some little joins in the cloud.

Thank you again
Javier

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,960)