Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Werner_Mosimann

Json Encodian-->Result-->check in Sharepoint list if exist-->Action

good morning
I have a challenge where I can not get any further
I have to create a flow for the following requirement:
The .CSV contians (PartNr, OldPartNr,Description,Specs,onStock)
There is an email with a .csv attached to a mailbox. The .csv is transformed with (encodian.com) into a JSON. So far I have done that.
Now the content of the parse Json should be filled into a sharepoint list, which can be read out in the app. It should be controlled whether a same entry already exists (PartNr,OldPartNr), if so update if it does not exist yet create. This part I do not know how I can achieve this.
Thanks for a tip on how I could do this
Kind regards
Werner

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

@Werner_Mosimann  you can loop through json in apply to each action, then add Get Items (configure filter query to get existing item) action in apply to each loop to get items from SharePoint list. Then add condition action to check number of items returned by Get Items, if its more than 0, then you can update the item fetched by Get Items using Update Item action, otherwise use Create Item action to create new item in list. 

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Werner_Mosimann

@annajhaveri I am a newbie and do not know exactly what to enter here as a filter. I have tried almost all dynamic content. It always runs into an error, and it goes no further in the flow

Werner_Mosimann_0-1628579000470.png

Regards,

Werner Mosimann

2 REPLIES 2
annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

@Werner_Mosimann  you can loop through json in apply to each action, then add Get Items (configure filter query to get existing item) action in apply to each loop to get items from SharePoint list. Then add condition action to check number of items returned by Get Items, if its more than 0, then you can update the item fetched by Get Items using Update Item action, otherwise use Create Item action to create new item in list. 

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Werner_Mosimann

@annajhaveri I am a newbie and do not know exactly what to enter here as a filter. I have tried almost all dynamic content. It always runs into an error, and it goes no further in the flow

Werner_Mosimann_0-1628579000470.png

Regards,

Werner Mosimann

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,365)