cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shavora
Super User
Super User

Keeping a connection reference after removing the user as owner of the flow

We need our HR manager to be the sender for the communications that is automated in a flow. I have researched and found that I have to add this user as a flow owner, guide them in how to add their email address for the emails. Can I remove them as Owners and still use their connection for sending the emails? It's not a good practice to have permission to change the flows.

(The HR manager is included in the security group for run only users amongst other HR staff members - each of these people might trigger the flow but we only want the manager to be the sender.)

6 REPLIES 6
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @shavora 

Instead of managing workflow permissions, you could give read permissions on the HR Manager inbox to the flow owner, and use the action "Send an email from a shared mailbox (V2)". With this action, you can send emails from a specific user account.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

@fchopo Thank you for replying. Would this mean that I, the flow owner, will see the HR managers email? We have strict rules for seeing client sensitive data so I doubt I could get that permission.

fchopo
Super User
Super User

Yes, you're right.

You could aso create a Service Account identity (generic user in Office 365) which has access to the HR Manager inbox and use it to design your workflow.

Regards,

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!
shavora
Super User
Super User

I guess there aren't a fluid way of doing this. Unfortunately not an ideal solution either way. Thanks for the efforts anyway 😊

Hi @fchopo,

are you sure that read permission is mandatory?

I think only Send as/Send on behalf of permission is quite enough.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Yes @VictorIvanidze 

You're right!!! Although I don't know if this is fine for @shavora and their compliance requirements.

Thanks for your input!

Ferran

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,433)