cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Key Value not working?

New to Flows and trying to build a flow from Excel Sharepoint file to Create a Calendar Invite...I cant get past the Key Value section, when I tested yesterday I would get "value" in the Apply to Each but nothing seems to work now. 

Have I misunderstood how Key Column and Value work? I tried entering HB with no luck.

pic1pic1

Capture2.PNG

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Key Value not working?

You'll want to use List rows present in a table to utilize dynamic parameters and an apply to each loop. Get a row is for a single row that you explicitly specify, so an Apply to each loop is not required. 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mel_hudson ,

As Brad_Groux suggested, you need to get all the rows using List rows present in a table action and iterate using Apply to each.

Image reference:

43.PNG

Please try again.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hey @mel_hudson 

The excel date time data works a little differently in power automate. You might want to check my post on how you can work with it here: https://www.bythedevs.com/post/working-with-date-time-data-of-excel-in-power-automate

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hey @mel_hudson 

Can you share some details on the scenario that you are trying to build? 

Note that the Get a Row action gets you a single row that matches the key column and key value that you provide. (For example in your case that you have provided the column by selecting from the dropdown, if you enter HB3 there it will get that particular row only. ) and as you are getting just one row, there is nothing to loop over on for the apply to each. 

Hope this Helps!

Super User II
Super User II

You'll want to use List rows present in a table to utilize dynamic parameters and an apply to each loop. Get a row is for a single row that you explicitly specify, so an Apply to each loop is not required. 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mel_hudson ,

As Brad_Groux suggested, you need to get all the rows using List rows present in a table action and iterate using Apply to each.

Image reference:

43.PNG

Please try again.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks - understand how this is working now.

Next blockers is the date not working on the event...off to read about this now too. Great community to learn from.

"String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.
clientRequestId: 8e7c2a20-3fcd-4840-874f-84a85016129a"

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hey @mel_hudson 

The excel date time data works a little differently in power automate. You might want to check my post on how you can work with it here: https://www.bythedevs.com/post/working-with-date-time-data-of-excel-in-power-automate

Hope this Helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,122)