cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim_P
Frequent Visitor

Launch Chrome browser instance failed (internal communication error)

Dear Power automate Community,errorImage.png

We are experiencing problems with the launch new Chrome action in power automate desktop. The launch chrome action fails to start a new browser instance and is not able to proceed. The error message reports an internal communication error and is therefore unable to take control over the chrome browser. When we try to replicate the problem we see the chrome browser opening with the correct url but nothing happening after that.

We placed the launch browser action in a retry when failed method for processes that are more critical. But this results in a whole lot of browser instance windows to open from which one (useally the first or second window to open) to out of nowhere repond. After that the flow can proceed, however it does present problems later on with focus window actions picking the wrong chrome window. Furthermore, if you happen to close one of the open but not responding chrome windows, Power automate desktop fails because it cannot find the browser instance anymore.

The error occurs on random moments but it seems to be happening more often lately. 

We are working with the latest version of Power automate desktop and the latest version of chrome. We have tried reinstalling chrome. We also tried opening chrome on the google launch page and move to the correct url after that. Switching browsers is in many cases not an option for us.

Please help!

many thanks

1 REPLY 1
ChristianAbata
Super User II
Super User II

hi @Jim_P  if you are using RPA that could happends because some bug, so what I did to solve this was unistall everyting (The web browser included) and install the last version por PAD.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,623)