Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ms17vfb
Frequent Visitor

Launch Flow with Excel Button without Flow for Excel Add-In

Hello all,

I'm new to Flow.

I've created a flow which updates planner tasks from an Excel sheet.

I would like to start this flow with a button in Excel.

I've searched for similar topics, but all require "Flow for Excel-Add-In" which can not be used at our company.

1)Is there any possibility to do that? I've seen the button for mobile devices. Anything similar to that?

If not, I have two other ideas:

2) Is there a way to create a simple link, which starts the flow when someone clicks it?

3) Excel file is saved on SharePoint: …. sharepoint.com/sites/Test900/Shared%20Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx

I found the trigger "When a file is created or modified in a Folder". When I Change Excel file, the flow is not triggered. I tried different Folders.

sharepoint.png

If none of this works, I will trigger it every Minute, but I dont know if this is really a good solution.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards

Mario

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ms17vfb,

1) There is button for mobile devices, but it couldn't embedded into Excel file.

2) Link is not support, Flow only support generate a post URL, when a HTTP request received, trigger the Flow, to call the URL we should use action HTTP request.

3)  "When a file is created or modified in a Folder" is support when an Excel file is updated, you could set the Flow monitor a subfolder and try it again:

Annotation 2020-07-23 093148.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ms17vfb,

1) There is button for mobile devices, but it couldn't embedded into Excel file.

2) Link is not support, Flow only support generate a post URL, when a HTTP request received, trigger the Flow, to call the URL we should use action HTTP request.

3)  "When a file is created or modified in a Folder" is support when an Excel file is updated, you could set the Flow monitor a subfolder and try it again:

Annotation 2020-07-23 093148.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

lindaisy
Frequent Visitor

Hi

I would like to know do you have any solution finally?  Cause i am also facing the same situation as you were, the Add in are not allowed in my company and I need to launch a Flow from Excel.

Thanks a lot for your any help ! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,659)