cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndiRodi
Advocate III
Advocate III

Launch an excel file with Excel Web App by pushing a botton in Flow.

Hello Everyone, 

i'm realizing a simple App that trigger a flow to create an excel file in a sharePoint Path. After this, i would like to open that file with the Excel Web App (can be ok also the excel client) for easy to use by my collegue. 

I create a flow which returns to the app the path of the file just created.

I use that value in a (Path string) on a "Launch()" function, and I expect that with that function, the file will be opened with the web app, but what happens is that the file is downloaded, and that is not what i espect. 

Please can anyone help me to find a solution?

Many thanks, Andi

3 REPLIES 3
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @AndiRodi  the fuction launch in excel right?

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Hi @ChristianAbata , yes. 

I used this script: Launch("ms-excel:ofe|u|"&"https://m365x900954.sharepoint.com/sites/commessa.beantech"&varPath.path_file)

but it doesn't work. 

before it i used: Launch("https://m365x900954.sharepoint.com/sites/commessa.beantech"&varPath.path_file) but this is works only for the mobileapp, in fact if i push the powerapps button from desktop, what it did is to download my file... but i don't want that, i need to opne it with the web or desktop app (whenever, not important which one).

Please help me to understand the right way,

BR and many thanks

And

varPath_File is the value of the path of the file that i want to open (i got it from my flow to powerapps)

What before is the address of the sharepoint site where to get the file

thank-s

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (3,175)