cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
analyst31
Level: Powered On

Less than 0 for "Key Value" for Excel GET A ROW

Hello,

I am building my first flow and have ran into an issue. I am trying to build a flow that sends an approval if and when the number goes over budget, which in the table i am using has the value as < 0, which would look like (10,000) if they were over budget by 10,000. 

I have it working if I make it as yes/no, but then i have the add an additional column and i figured i should learn how to do it with an expression. 

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Less than 0 for "Key Value" for Excel GET A ROW

@analyst31 

Hi there!  Let's take a look at this.  What are you using as your trigger currently?  Do you want to put up a screenshot of your Flow so far?  and then maybe what the spreadsheet looks like?  Either/both of those might help.

-Ed-

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @analyst31 ,

Could you share a screenshot on your flow for better understanding?

What do you mean by “I have it working if I make it as yes/no, but then i have the add an additional column”?

I guess that you have a number column in the table, and you would like to send out an approval email if the value is greater than 10,000.

If you want to use an expression, please try input the following code in a Compose action to see if the return results is Yes or No.

if(greater(int(body('Get_a_row')?['number']),10000),'Yes','No')

1.PNG

Please check more details on WDL function reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/workflow-definition-language-functions-reference

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
analyst31
Level: Powered On

@edgonzales 

Here is the one i have been using and its been working, just had to add a column of yes/no whether that column is over budget. In this example the (10,000) is over budget, but i couldnt figure out the "Key Value" for less than 0.

Flow1.pngFlowExcel1.pngExcel Table

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @analyst31 ,

It seems that you would like to do certain actions if the Variance is over 10,000, if the Variance is less than 0, do other actions.

Instead of using action Get a row, please consider using List rows present in a table. Then use a parallel branch with two Conditions to check if the Variance is over 10,000 or less than 0.

Please check the following image for a reference:

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,510)