cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JingF

Let Flow not fail when file not found

Hi,

I'm building a Flow and one of the steps is to copy a file in SharePoing folder to another folder only when the file exists. The file name is fixed. 

In some cases, the file does not exist and the action 'Get file content' or 'Get file properity' fails.

My question is: How to keep the Flow successful (not fail) when the file does not exist.

Thank you in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

@JingF , what error are you getting when your flow fails?

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
rohentz
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @JingF how are you?

I understand that you need to add error handling steps as documented at Error handling steps, counters, a new flow details experience and more | Power Automate Blog (micros... 

Please let me know if this information helped on your question.

Regards.

Rodrigo Hentz

Microsoft Support Engineer

@annajhaveri  Here's the error.

The file path is dynamic. I need to get files from multiple folders, but in some folders the file does not exist making this step fails.

The flow will show as fail when this step fails. But I'm wondering is there any action I can add to make the flow not showing as fail.

Untitled.png

Hi @rohentz 

Thank you for sharing the error handling steps. I tried adding a step 'run after the previous step fails', but the flow is still showing as fail when there is a step within it failed. 

I'm wondering is there any action I can add to make the flow not showing as fail?

@JingF , when you use run after previous step fails, the flow run status is succeeded and when you see the flow run it will show which action failed as shown in below screenshot, is it the same behavior for you?

annajhaveri_0-1609913004984.png

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hi @JingF how are you?

Can you please share the entire flow actions and the configuration done for the error handling process?

Also check if the configuration for error handle is like the follow:

rohentz_0-1610056766722.pngrohentz_1-1610056771487.png

Use the same sample provided by @annajhaveri 

Please let me know if this information helped on your question.

Regards.

Rodrigo Hentz

Microsoft Support Engineer

Hi @rohentz and @annajhaveri 

My flow run status is still fail with the error handling.

I added parallel action for error handling as I was not able to 'configure run after' for the action before the last. Do you have any suggestion here?

flowfailed.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (58,983)