Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
garethaw
Helper III
Helper III

Line breaks lost when sending email?

Hi,

Why are the line breaks being lost when I send the text as an email.

Flow:

1.png

Email Output:

garethaw_0-1653317052004.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
garethaw
Helper III
Helper III

solved answer was:

replace(triggeroutputs()?['body/body'],decodeUriComponent('%0A'),'<br>')

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
CFernandes
Super User
Super User

Hey @garethaw 

Please add <br> tags

CFernandes_0-1653317686640.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

P.S. take a look at my blog here and like & subscribe to my YouTube Channel thanks.

Inputting br tags manually is not an option, any other ideas?

@garethaw 

Repace some character with <br> in the example below, I have replace $ with <br>

CFernandes_0-1653318268272.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

P.S. take a look at my blog here and like & subscribe to my YouTube Channel thanks.

This won't work either I'm afraid, for what I'm trying to achieve the 1st compose cannot be edited it any way. I need a way of retaining the formatting.

@garethaw Firstly your question is not complete 🙂 - With reference to your question, I have given you two solutions .

You haven't answered my question, my question is "Line breaks lost when sending email?" The solutions you have offered don't answer the question and involve editing my data which I cannot do.

CFernandes
Super User
Super User

@garethaw I will leave this for the other community members to answer.

garethaw
Helper III
Helper III

solved answer was:

replace(triggeroutputs()?['body/body'],decodeUriComponent('%0A'),'<br>')

@garethaw So it was indeed replace(). I am glad that the problem has been resolved

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,351)