cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattemer

Link to Document Library in List Field returning 404 Not Found Error after deleting old item

Hi everyone! I'm very new to this, and this community has helped me tremendously over the last week build out a workflow for hiring.  Summary: New candidates are uploaded to the Master List, which 1) adds attachments to the Doc Library and 2) copies item to the Review Candidate List (where it's actioned) including the link to uploaded attachment. Business will select a status sending the item to the  Talent and Acquisition (T and A) Review. Below is the T&A Review, when HR could upload more attachments, then change status sending it back to the Review Candidate List (or Decline list), with a link to that attachment they added. It's using the nearly identical functionality from when candidates on onboarded into the system.  I keep getting a 404 error when clicking the link.  The issue appears to be with the Delete Item at the end as if I remove that, the link on the Review Candidate List works.  That makes me think I pulled in the wrong fields somewhere, but I certainly can't figure it out.  Any ideas?

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mattemer,

After you add the attachment item into library, you should use Create sharing link for a file or Folder action to generate a sharing link for the file, then insert it to the list:Screenshot 2020-11-04 155958.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mattemer,

How about you delete the "Delete item" action and try again?

Because you deleted the item new created, so the Link to item couldn't work.

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you very much for reviewing!

I *think* I am deleting the correct object.  The objects starts on the T&A List in this flow, then I'm grabbing that attachment and adding to the Doc Library, copying the item to the Review list, then deleting it from the T&A list.

I confirmed that both this flow and the original flow are linking to the original list, and the links I'm creating are NOT linking to the Document Library like intended - so since it's still linking to the T&A list, it's a problem when that item is deleted from the list.

So I guess my questions are either/or - 1) why is the get attachment/create item portion not linking to the document added to the Document Library and instead linking to the List, OR 2) how do I correctly link to that specific item in the Document Library?

v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mattemer,

After you add the attachment item into library, you should use Create sharing link for a file or Folder action to generate a sharing link for the file, then insert it to the list:Screenshot 2020-11-04 155958.jpg

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,828)