cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VinnyBravo
Regular Visitor

Link to Item (after Get File Properties Only) from SharePoint to Excel repeats the last result in all values

Hello,

I am having exactly the same issue as posted in https://www.reddit.com/r/MicrosoftFlow/comments/dy7rb0/adding_a_row_to_a_table_excel_online_breaks_w... , so I imagine could be some bug. I am copying a SharePoint library (file properties only) to Excel Online saved in SharePoint using:

1) Scheduled Flow

2) Get Files (Properties Only)

3) Apply to each > Add a row into a table

4) Including "Link to Item" in one of the Excel columns ("Link" in the screenshot)

5) Result is ok by doing this, with the "Link to Item" correctly updating for each ID.

As I want a clickable link, I needed the Excel Hyperlink formula, and in any scenario when a formula is included flow only returns the last link from SharePoint library. I tried including

i) directly into the Column name ("Link") like the screenshot, then

ii) with Concat formula directly in the Column name ("Link"),

iii) then with Compose/Concat, and also

iv) with Initialize Variable (String)/Set Variable.

The colleague who posted in the link above tried exactly the same things and was not successful. 

uvxtqdhguhz31.png

Any ideas of what could be or a workaround (he found one using Excel, but I would prefer not to use that one).   

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as I know, it seems that Excel formula does not work in Power Automate.

Thanks @Anonymous . I thought by using Compose/Concat or something similar the formula would be executed only in Excel, with the Dynamic Content coming from Power Automate (the formula works, when I open Excel the hyperlink is clickable, the problem is just the "Link to Item" doesn't update despite the Apply to Each; if I remove the formula, the Link to Item updates properly, but then the link is not clickable)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,660)