cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
acrossthepond10

Link to OneDrive folder

Hello,

I am using flow to send an email to a person with a link to a file on OneDrive for Business. I am then wanting the person to download the file, make changes and then upload it into a folder on OneDrive for Business.

I am able to send a clickable link to a file OK, but I'm struggling to be able to send a clickable link to a folder.

Help appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @acrossthepond10 ,

I am afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

There is no action about Get folder metadata or Get folder properties in OneDrive for Business.

So you can't get the link to a folder via flow.

For example, in SharePoint, there is a action 'Get folder metadata'.

So you can use this action to get the link to the folder.

Capture3.PNG

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Brad_Groux
Super User II
Super User II

Is this OneDrive or OneDrive for Business? Both are similar, but have small differences. Both connectors do have have a Sharing Link definition

Web URL string
A URL that points to the file or folder.
Path: WebUrl

Notice that it says both file or folder. So I would suggest as part of the Flow, send them an email with a link to the file, and a link to both the file and the folder. 

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Thanks for responding.

The issue I have is that I don't know how to distinguish between the file and the folder. When I use the "Web URL" it only pertains to the file. I need it to reference a folder.

Also, I am using OneDrive for Business.

Thanks.

Hi @acrossthepond10 ,

I am afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

There is no action about Get folder metadata or Get folder properties in OneDrive for Business.

So you can't get the link to a folder via flow.

For example, in SharePoint, there is a action 'Get folder metadata'.

So you can use this action to get the link to the folder.

Capture3.PNG

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (73,303)