cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mensur
Regular Visitor

Link to item wrapped in HTML truncated

Hi, in an SP update item step, if I wrap the Link to item dynamic content in HTML (<a href=Link to item>link to item</a>) the link is truncated once clicked on in the output email (it starts with "sites/" and the page doesn't load). But if I insert the Link to item dynamic content without the HTML, in the output email the link is fine once clicked (it starts with "https://abc365.sharepoint.com/sites").

I'm trying to wrap it in HTML so I don't get the long URL in the email. I have to do it in an update item step because items are checked for a condition and if they pass, their info is added to a field that later on is used to produce the message.

Any idea why the html would truncate the link from the Link to item element?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Mensur ,

If the type of this field is Multiple lines of text, then you need to set Use enhanced rich text to Yes.

49.PNG

Then you use <a> </a> to create the hyperlink.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mensur ,

Could you share a screenshot of the Flow configuration?

The URL after the href needs to be surrounded by double quotes.

Please try again.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-bacao-msft, I tried it initially with double quotes, but it didn't help.

flowurltrunc.png

Hi @Mensur ,

If the type of this field is Multiple lines of text, then you need to set Use enhanced rich text to Yes.

49.PNG

Then you use <a> </a> to create the hyperlink.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (86,339)