cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeh6494
Regular Visitor

Linking Excel in Power Automate to export data from Flows

I created a flow in Power Automate with multiple conditions that score responses from my survey in Forms, but I'm trying to get the results to export into Excel. I used a float type for the score and incrementing it after each, but when it comes to linking an Excel document I'm not sure how to do that. I haven't created the Excel document yet either because I'm not sure if I should have keys. I also think there might have been an easier way to create my flow, but this is my first automation. I originally was going to try to link SharePoint, but I've never used that hence why SharePoint is in the screen shot. I'd like to export it to Excel though. 

Any help would be great! 

Thanks!

joes auto.pngjoes automation.png

@RobElliott 

1 REPLY 1
Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

Hi there, 

It will be easiest for you if you already have an existing Excel sheet with a table with all of your columns. I think you'll find it super easy after you have that created! Is this a scenario where one Excel sheet will work for you? You will be able to easily add a row for each new score submitted. 

You will just need to use the "Add a row into a Table" action from Excel. 

Then once you point it to the location, the document library, the file name, the name of the table - all the columns will be automatically shown to you so you can just plop your variables in! 

Let me know if that helps or if you need a bit more.

Cheers,

Rhia

Did this answer your question? Please mark it as the solution.
Did it contribute positively towards finding the final solution? Please give it a thumbs up.

I answer questions on the forum for 2-3 hours every Thursday!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (3,406)