cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper IV
Helper IV

Linking items through multiple lists

Hello,

I have two lists where items are either approved or rejected from, and if the request is approved on List 1, but then Rejected from List 2, I want to be able to link back to the History list in the middle and change it's Status from Approved to Rejected.

Scenario: I have List 1, a History List and List 2.
Step 1: Typically, a user creates the initial request in List 1.
Step 2: It's then Approved or Rejected by an Assistant Manager.
Step 3: It's details and Approval/Rejected Status are added to the History List.
Step 4: The item is moved on to List 2 for the Senior Manager's review.

**If the Senior Manager wants to reject the item from the List 2, I want a way to look back at the request in the History list and change it's Status column from Approved to Rejected. To try and keep the relationship between the lists, I am currently using an "ID_1" column in the History List and List 2, and it's value is the "ID" from the original request from List 1.

I've attached my current build on how I see it could possibly work. I've added the formulas on each step in my screenshot. Am I close?? My thought is to create an array with all the ID_1's from the History list then a Get Items on the History list and if the ID_1 from List 2 matches an ID_1 from the History list, update that item in the History. 

4-9_1.jpg

4-9_2.jpg

The "Append to array variable" action is showing error: BadRequest. The value cannot be null. The action type 'AppendToArrayVariable' only supports values of types 'Float, Integer, String, Boolean, Object'.

4-9_error.jpg

Thank you in advance for any advice!
M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Morghan ,

Please refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png2.png

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Morghan ,

Please refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png2.png

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @v-alzhan-msft - this is absolutely perfect, thank you!! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (76,926)