cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmw1130
Post Patron
Post Patron

List Approval

We are moving from on-prem to SharePoint Online, I had a list on-prem that used a Nintex workflow.  Now that we are moving to Online, I need the list to use Flow to assign a task the 1st Monday of each month for the owner to Complete that they reviewed the item in the list.  I've used SPD workflows and Nintex for years, but am new to Flow and wanting to know the best approach to take for this?

Thank you

Kim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

What I ended up doing is using the Schedule Flow to run once a Month to create a Planner Task and send an email to the Assigned To.  Once the Planner Task is complete, I create a item in another SharePoint list for record purposes. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

In Flow there is a recurrence trigger that can be set to start periodically (every x days, weeks, years etc) or on a specific date. So in your case I would setup the Flow to use a recurrence trigger to start the Flow on the First of the each month.  Then go into a Loop which will check if Today is 'Monday". If not it will delay for one day and try again. When its Monday (the first Monday after the first) the Flow will proceed as normal and assign an Approval to the owner.

One question is this the Owner of the site approving that they've reviewed the list or the owner of each item in the site?  Both are doable, but the assignment of the Approval is a little differnet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

It is the owner of each list item that will need to review and complete the task that the item has been reviewed.

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

But is the approval for the list as a whole or for each item in the list?  

For each item in the list.  What I have on-prem using Nintex is the Main List has the items to review and the workflow creates a task in a workflow task list for the owner to complete. 

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Approvals in Flow don't really use a Task list anymore.  Its all done using either email or the Approvals page in the Flow website. You'll need to add a loop using Get Items so that you can create one approval for each user. Tasks in Outlook, ToDo, or Planner are also an option, but they aren't used by Approvals. But that might match your older way of doing things better.

As long as there is a record each month that the user reviewed and approved (or checked off) their item was reviewed it could be in Outlook or Planner.

I just did one using the Template "Request Approval in Teams for Selected Item" and I like how it uses a bot in Teams and sends an email, which can be approved either way.

What I ended up doing is using the Schedule Flow to run once a Month to create a Planner Task and send an email to the Assigned To.  Once the Planner Task is complete, I create a item in another SharePoint list for record purposes. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (41,488)