cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aquisman
Frequent Visitor

List Excel Rows Present in a Table - Bad Gateway Error

Hello,

I am building a flow to take rows from an Excel file that is attached to an email and create a SharePoint list item using that data.  The step "list rows present in a table" causes a "Bad Gateway" error: "This workbook cannot be edited because it contains the following features:\r\n\r\n• SharePoint lists\r\n\r\nTo edit this workbook, open the workbook for viewing, select Save a Copy from the File tab, and edit the new copy."  Saving a copy and editing the new copy does not work.

According to this post, the error appears to be due to a SharePoint feature not being supported by Excel Online.  (I tried the suggestion in that post of unlinking SharePoint to the file, but it did not help.)  The other suggestion was to open the desktop version; however, for the flow to access the data, I need to save it to the cloud.  I have another flow that is able to list rows in Excel Online without a problem.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Capture.PNG

Update: I got the flow to work by using a different Excel file.  The flow works, but the run history shows that it fails.  Here is the error message.  Any ideas about why the flow would work, but show that it fails, and show an error message?  Thanks.

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you, @prasadathalye.

I was able to solve the problem by using a different Excel file.  Also, I think the reason the flow showed it was failing when it worked was because aside from the Excel file being saved to SharePoint, there was a graphic in the e-mail signature that was being saved to SharePoint as a png file.  The flow was listing the rows in the Excel file, but because it couldn't list rows in the image file, it showed that it failed.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PrasadAthalye
Community Champion
Community Champion

Is your excel file on Onedrive OR SharePoint?

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

It's in SharePoint. 

Looks like some permission issue. Can you store the file in some other sharepoint site where you have full access and see if it makes any different?

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

Thank you, @prasadathalye.

I was able to solve the problem by using a different Excel file.  Also, I think the reason the flow showed it was failing when it worked was because aside from the Excel file being saved to SharePoint, there was a graphic in the e-mail signature that was being saved to SharePoint as a png file.  The flow was listing the rows in the Excel file, but because it couldn't list rows in the image file, it showed that it failed.

Hello,

I have the same issue but with an excel file on Onedrive. This kind of issues happen when retrieving data from excel tables, and flows pauses for the period of time while the retries happen. Please help to to solve this type of issues. Kind regards!

admindeluxephot_0-1666722647955.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (3,232)