cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leiascrawford

List items pushing to another list based on Yes/No selection

Hello all! New to Power Automate and *think* I'm close to getting a flow to work, but missing some important steps (or am doing it completely wrong).

I'm making a list of potential new hires and lots of misc contact info. I'd like for when the option for column "Hired?" is moved to Yes, then that list item (row of information for that person) is pushed to a second Sharepoint list where our bookkeeper can input information like pay rate, type, etc.  

Here's what I have so far. Right Track?

Screenshot 2021-09-02 162052.png

After the get items I was going to do an "Apply to each" with Sharepoint Value but that doesn't seem to be the right option or if so, where to go next. 

Thank you for any direction! 

3 REPLIES 3
eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @leiascrawford ,

How did you want to your flow to work?

1) Did you want to automatically move the item when it is updated as Hired?

2) Did you want to have a scheduled flow that runs daily etc and check for items with Hired?

For Option 1 which is what I think you are trying to do, your flow could follow the below structure.  It would involve using Get Item to get the item that was updated.  Create a new Item into the new list and then delete the existing item. 

ericcheng_0-1630629108346.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

Connect on LinkedIn

leiascrawford

Thank you so much for your quick response! 

I would like to keep the information on the first database as well as adding it to the second database. So I could just not do the delete step. Makes sense. 

I think it happening immediately would be ideal, so as items are marked hired, they push to the 2nd list.

Thank you!

leiascrawford

@eric-cheng 

I fixed the errors in my flow and messed with it a bit trying different things, but I can't get it to "actually" work. The goal is that each list item is a person we've interviewed and when we change the "Hired?" column to Yes on their item, that whole List item with all its data columns gets pushed to another database listserve automatically.

Again, the flow says it's running without errors. But when I run the flow and modify items to Yes, they do not show up on the 2nd database. PLEASE ADVISE! And thank you so much for your time!

1.png

Screenshot 2021-09-14 151131.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,298)