cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

List rows present in a table - No table was found with the name... error

Hi

 

I built a test flow in a Teams SharePoint.  It was working fine and tested thoroughly by our users but after I imported it to a different SharePoint Online site I've started getting an error on the List rows present in a table step.  The table reference is picking up a dynamic value when previously it wasn't.

 

To trigger the flow, the users run a report, export as Excel, select data and add a table - it's always called Table1.  They then save the report in the SharePoint folder with the same name as the previous file.

 

Flow steps.JPG

 

 

Below is how I have the step set up, but when I load a file to the folder I get the error 'No table was found with the name...'

Original setup.JPGFailed message.JPG

 

I've checked with the site administrators and they've given me full access as an owner on the SharePoint site, but that didn't seem to work.  Could you please help?

 

Thank you!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

 

Actually, the Table field accepts the Table ID. Cause the Excel is exported from a new file, though same name, the table id also would be modified.

To make it work, you could do like this:

Screenshot 2020-11-26 135308.jpg

 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

 

Actually, the Table field accepts the Table ID. Cause the Excel is exported from a new file, though same name, the table id also would be modified.

To make it work, you could do like this:

Screenshot 2020-11-26 135308.jpg

 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-litu-msft  however doing this has now caused more issues.  The column names are no longer available in the dynamic content.  Previously each column name e.g. Transaction Date, Reference etc were options to select in dynamic content.  The flow runs but nothing actually gets populated in SharePoint because it can't reference the column names.

 

WasNow
Screenshot 2020-12-08 at 11.47.27.pngScreenshot 2020-12-08 at 11.19.45.png

 

Also, when I hover over 'Value' in Apply to Each, it is different to what I had originally set-up on the working flow in the different location.


Was:  body('List_rows_present_in_a_table')?['value']

Now:  outputs('Get_tables')?['body/value']

DAVIDPOWELL
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

did this ever get resolved ?....using  ID does not work

FredC
Frequent Visitor

I have a similar flow, using Get File Metadata just before Get Tables, it used to work but not from this morning, is there anything I have to modify? Thanks.

 

Screenshot 2021-07-08 113401.png

 

Additional note:
For the output from Get Tables, it seemed that all tables are having the same ID of 00000000-000C-0000-FFFF-FFFF00000000, regardless of different files selected.

 

Screenshot 2021-07-08 122414.png

 

gb2020
Regular Visitor

Same, my automations that require "List rows present in a table" no longer work, using the table name or Id as the input. I'm performing the Get tables action first, so that should give me the correct name and Id, but my flow keeps erroring.

xellemang
Helper I
Helper I

I'm experiencing the same issue. I've even gone as far as to create the table within the flow and use the Dynamic Content of the table that was just created and it still says table not found.  

I've got this problem too, and I don't think this is the right solution.

richmond
Frequent Visitor

Do we have a solution in place for this? My List rows present in excel file is now acting strange. Previously it was still working now even if adding Get Tables actions from excel it doesnt work. Tried both using TableName and ID but still it says No table was found.

jg4dmin
Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately, experiencing the same problem here. 🤔 "No table was found with the name..." when passing table names or IDs retrieved by the "get worksheets" operator (and proposed in the quick menu) to the "list rows present in a table" operator. Also the simple step does not work with a simple one-sheet-table.

 

Edit: I think I found the solution and actually the error message saying "No table was found..."  is right.

 

I tried to import my excel table into a Microsoft List - then I realized, that non of the data inside my excel workbook was formatted as tables. Once I formatted the data inside of each worksheet as tables, I can now use the "get tables" operator in Power Automate to retrieve the tables by their names or IDs (using output of the get tables operator). 🤗

 

do this with your excel data:

jg4dmin_0-1662380770416.png

then you can:

jg4dmin_1-1662381235730.png

 

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (4,712)