cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

List rows present in a table using cached table

Hi everyone! 

I built a flow that would save an Excel file from an email with a specific name and location and split it into multiple files. The file saves correctly, but when Flow gets to the List Rows Present in a Table step, it seems to be using information from the old file, not the file that it just saved. What can I do to make sure that it's using the new data, not the cached data? 

For now, I get around it by changing file and table on the List rows present in a table step and then changing it back to the correct table. It seems like that's enough to load the new data, but I'd like for this to be fully automated! 

Thank you! 

List rows present in a table.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@gemma wrote:

Thanks for the speedy response, Brad! Just to verify, in order to use the Nested Flow with the Request and HTTP actions, I need to have Premium, correct? 

Yes, HTTP requests require premium. With that said, you can do a "poor man's" version and run Flows on a schedule as an alternative. Example, Flow 1 runs at 12:00AM, and Flow 2 runs at 12:15AM. Not ideal, obviously but it can work in the right situations. 

👨🏻‍💻 If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE 👍.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II
Super User II

There is no way to clear the cache for your Flow, so you'd need to either name the split file a different name, or you could separate it into a second Nested Flow. So you'd be calling the second "read" Flow from the primary "write" Flow. 

👨🏻‍💻 If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE 👍.

Thanks for the speedy response, Brad! Just to verify, in order to use the Nested Flow with the Request and HTTP actions, I need to have Premium, correct? 

@gemma wrote:

Yes, HTTP requests require premium. With that said, you can do a "poor man's" version and run Flows on a schedule as an alternative. Example, Flow 1 runs at 12:00AM, and Flow 2 runs at 12:15AM. Not ideal, obviously but it can work in the right situations. 

View solution in original post

Thanks Brad! 

All right, so I split my it into two separate flows:

1. The first flow receives the new file in an email, saves it, and sends a confirmation email.

2. The second flow has a manual trigger. It reads the file, splits it up into separate files, and emails the files.

Though the saving and reading steps are now in different flows, the List rows present in a table step is still using cached data. I thought this would mimic the Nested Flow, but maybe I'm missing a step? Is there another workaround you can think of? 

Parent Flow: Save the new file in the specified location.

Flow 1.PNG

Child Flow: Read the file in the specified location. 

Flow 2.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,765)