Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
LuisGuzman98
Level: Powered On

List rows present in table dynamic content not appearing

Hello ,

Building the following flow where when a sharepoint file is created, an excel table is created in it, then this table should be listed. This works perfectly when testing the flow but the dynamic content of the list rows action is not appearing in further actions. 

This is my actual flow: 

image.png

As I just said, the dynamic content of list Rows present in a table doesn't appear. Even though when testing the flow the action does rettrieve a successful output with all the items of the table. So i don't know why does this values does not appear dynamically in further action.

I want this for populating a sharepoint list with this data. 

Any help or ideas would be so much more than welcome. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LuisGuzman98

Re: List rows present in table dynamic content not appearing

Hi, 

Not sure if this is the correct way but somehow I figure how to make the magic happen.

This only can happen if you always upload an excel file with the same format, same number of columns for example.

1. Fill the column names for your table when you create it. 

2. Then I used the get tables action and called the same file I called when creating the table

3. I set an apply to each to the value of the get tables action developed before.

(Here's the tricky part)

4. I gave some chance for a file uploaded and converted to table in my document library to be recognized by my flow (You could restart the application maybe), when recognized I found it in the 'File' slot of the list rows action and as well as the table in it in the 'Table' slot.

5. Using this non dynamical parameter I designed My flow as how I need it, and I was able to call the dynamic variables contained in the table, (all the column headers of the table). 

6. After this once my flow was working, so I changed the inputs for the 'List rows present in Table function' for the File slot. I once called again the file identifier dynamic variable from sharepoint and used the name dynamic variable of the get table function in the Table Slot. 

7. Deleted the excel document from my sharepoint, test it, uploaded another file an voila, it worked. 

I think the solution is tricking flows like kind of giving him a static value of file and table, once recognized develop the flow, once everything is working chamge the static values for dynamic values. 

As I said at the start, I think this just work for documents that are always the same (the column names and  number of columns always the same), very standardized format. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LuisGuzman98

Might it be a way in which I can kind-of encapsulate the 'create table function', so that when doing the 'List Rows present in a table', I could just say here is the table that have just been created, instead of giving it a path for seaching for it again... Maybe somethng like this could help to solve the problem.. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @LuisGuzman98 ,

Do you mean the column dynamic content in the table doesn't appear after the "List rows present in a table" action?

Since the excel table in created when the flow has run, so the flow couldn't parse out the column dynamiccontent after the "List rows present in a table" action, if you would like to create the rows in sharepoint list, you need the expression for get each column value and insert it in the sharepoint list.

1.png

The expression for each column should be :

items('Apply_to_each')?['ColumnName']

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Super User
Super User

Hi @LuisGuzman98 

I see that you are providing Dynamic content for the File attribute in the excel online actions. And in the List Rows action, you again have provided the file identifier as dynamic content and I am sure you must have provided the Table 1 as a custom value. 

Please note that a current limitation with the excel connectors is that the File attribute of teh actions need to be provided by clicking the folder icon and then navigating to the excel file location and select the excel file from the document library. This means that the excel file you want to access should already be present on the document library. And then for the List rows action, you need to choose from the tables that come in the drop down. 

Therefore, you cannot add or get nything from an excel file that you are creating within the flow itself as a direct action. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

LuisGuzman98

Hi, 

Not sure if this is the correct way but somehow I figure how to make the magic happen.

This only can happen if you always upload an excel file with the same format, same number of columns for example.

1. Fill the column names for your table when you create it. 

2. Then I used the get tables action and called the same file I called when creating the table

3. I set an apply to each to the value of the get tables action developed before.

(Here's the tricky part)

4. I gave some chance for a file uploaded and converted to table in my document library to be recognized by my flow (You could restart the application maybe), when recognized I found it in the 'File' slot of the list rows action and as well as the table in it in the 'Table' slot.

5. Using this non dynamical parameter I designed My flow as how I need it, and I was able to call the dynamic variables contained in the table, (all the column headers of the table). 

6. After this once my flow was working, so I changed the inputs for the 'List rows present in Table function' for the File slot. I once called again the file identifier dynamic variable from sharepoint and used the name dynamic variable of the get table function in the Table Slot. 

7. Deleted the excel document from my sharepoint, test it, uploaded another file an voila, it worked. 

I think the solution is tricking flows like kind of giving him a static value of file and table, once recognized develop the flow, once everything is working chamge the static values for dynamic values. 

As I said at the start, I think this just work for documents that are always the same (the column names and  number of columns always the same), very standardized format. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 364 members 4,644 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: