cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samson75
Frequent Visitor

List workflow button trigger not working inside SharePoint online pages

Hi,

I have a workflow that is triggered from a SharePoint online list, and the trigger works fine if I trigger it after opening the full list. But I added a couple of lists which have flow trigger buttons to a single page to make use of dynamic filtering using the list web part and inside the page the flow button won't trigger. No error just nothing happens. I have tried adding the list on run only users but still nothing happens.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samson75
Frequent Visitor

Hi @rrovira,
Screenshot 2021-06-02 090917.pngScreenshot 2021-06-02 091034.png

My Flow successfully runs as you can see from the above screenshot. The problem I had was launching the flow from a list webpart. But After I dug around, I found out that it is a limitation of the list web part in SharePoint (Source Link) . The only way to make it work is embedding the list with the embed webpart and that will not let me use dynamic filtering so I just avoided using a flow button in list webparts for now.

Thank you very much for replying.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rrovira
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello, @Samson75!

Would you please share a screenshot of your flow to more or less see how everything works? Thanks in advance! 

Cheers! 

Samson75
Frequent Visitor

Hi @rrovira,
Screenshot 2021-06-02 090917.pngScreenshot 2021-06-02 091034.png

My Flow successfully runs as you can see from the above screenshot. The problem I had was launching the flow from a list webpart. But After I dug around, I found out that it is a limitation of the list web part in SharePoint (Source Link) . The only way to make it work is embedding the list with the embed webpart and that will not let me use dynamic filtering so I just avoided using a flow button in list webparts for now.

Thank you very much for replying.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,451)