Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doddy83
Helper IV
Helper IV

Loan working app/alert flow

Hi All,

Ok, so I wanted to build a simple PowerApp for loan working, a person will check in and have to continue checking in once an hour until their shift ends or they sign out. The app has all been completed and it all looks and feels very nice. However now I'd like to build a flow behind it that either uses the Start/End Shift columns or a calculated column called 'Time To Alert' which is Modified + 1 hour. I've tried a combination of 'Delay' and 'Do Until' actions and a 'Schedule' or 'When an Item is created' triggers but haven't been able to achieve the desired result without it looping or not picking up the updated 'Time To Alert'

So I'd like it to:

1. When 'Time To Alert' is reached an email alert (eventually be phone call) will go out every minute until the Status is either updated to Checked in or Alert Answered, both completed from the App. However as the user checks in throughout the shift the 'Time To Alert' column will change so the flow will need to check this. 

I've tried a few things now but I have limited knowledge of Flow compared with Power Apps so any ideas or guidance on the best way to approach this would be much appreciated.

This all makes perfect sense to me but I'm sure it wont to others but hopefully I've given enough for someone to get the idea of what I'm trying to do!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
zaphod88
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

4 REPLIES 4
zaphod88
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@zaphod88 Many thanks for quick reply! 

In the Condition, what are you referring too called Test is equal to Time To Alert, I assume that's from the Get Items?

Would mine need to be something like Time To Alert (sharepoint column) is less than UtcNow() ? 

zaphod88
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Yes, exactly - it's from the Get Item without an 'S'. 🙂 Just the same item as the trigger.

Many thanks, so I ended up using the below. Its not polished off yet and does have holes but it works to send an alert based on the 'Time to Alert' column which is continually updated.

Doddy83_1-1621417075650.png

Doddy83_2-1621417213205.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,857)