cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J_K_
Level: Powered On

Re: Looking to Refresh an Excel workbook in a SharePoint Online DocLib

Thanks for the suggestion. But it does not workin my case, unfortunately. Do you have an example where this is actually working?

mnmsymmons

Hi @J_K_ 

I followed the steps recommended to try and update two seperate excel files with differents types of data connections, results as follows:

1. First file is a PowerPivot linked to PowerBI data - like your situation, the file was modified, saved and the flow was successful but when I go in straight afterwards I can see the data has not actually refreshed. FAIL
  2. Second file is a PowerQuery data connection to the first excel file (i've used this to essentially complete formatting and calculations on the first data set so that it is in a table format that can be read and used by Flow to add the data to a SharePoint list which is then used by a PowerApp) - This works, If I first manually refresh file 1 and then run this flow the second file has saved with the updated data. PASS

So it looks like the Flow Update File option will not refresh this PowerPivot. Not a solution but hoping to join the conversation to see if this helps come up with a solution.

J_K_

Hi @mnmsymmons 

thanks for your message. I want to do exactly what you have done in your second test. But it just does not work in my case. I don't know what makes the difference. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 322 members 5,954 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: