cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
d-c
Level: Powered On

Looking to make a flow that sends email reminders when a form is not completed

My office uses flows that I have created a lot and recently we're having issues with people completing forms that are important to how things run. So far to help with this I have created a flow that pulls data from the form after it is submitted and adds it into an excel sheet for the necessary parties to view more easily. What I want to do to further help with this is to send email reminders based on empty cells in that spreadsheet on a regular basis to the person who filled it out.

Not all data is readily avavilable when the form is being submitted, so the user may have to email certain parts later on to be added to the excel sheet. To make sure that this is done I want to send those reminders and make sure that all required information is collected eventually. Is this something that is possible within flow? I've done a bit of monkeying around to try and get this functioning with little success so far.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Looking to make a flow that sends email reminders when a form is not completed

Hi @d-c,

How many questions are in your form?

You could add a Condition to check from each question to see if it is answered.

I have made a test on my side to create a form with 3 questions as below:

Capture.PNG

You could refer to me to create a flow as below:

Capture.PNG

The expression in the Condition should as below:

@or(empty(outputs('Compose')),empty(outputs('Compose_2')),empty(outputs('Compose_3')))

Best regards,

Alice

d-c
Level: Powered On

Re: Looking to make a flow that sends email reminders when a form is not completed

There are quite a few quesitons in this form, but the effort of doing this for all of them will be well worth it in the end, thank you for your help.

Is there any way to get this flow to check excel cells on a regular basis and send an email if a cell is empty? I'm looking to remind people that they have not completed all necessary tasks as well. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,283)