cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lookup Employee ID from 1 SQL table to get Employee Email from another table, store email as variable

Good day!

Basic Request:

I am attempting to get an Email for the employee to send my flow.

Information to achieve result:

The employee email is stored in 1 sql table,  it contains EmployeeID and WorkEmail.

The employee submission record that will trigger this flow, has Employee_ID.

I need to use that to generate a variable I can call to then email the employee later in my flow.

Purpose
Right now when an employee emails the submission, I want to capture their email so that I can let them know that, 1 it is under review, and then 2, when it is finally approved or denied.  I have everything working except the ability to grab the email.  I know I can achieve this with a LookUp. just not sure how in a Flow.

flow_help.png

I know it would be easier to store the employee email record in the same table as the submission however this is not wanted by the requester.  

Thank you for all your assistance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lookup Employee ID from 1 SQL table to get Employee Email from another table, store email as variable

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lookup Employee ID from 1 SQL table to get Employee Email from another table, store email as variable

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,601)