cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emmahuynh
Helper II
Helper II

Lookup Site Columns from a SharePoint parent site added to a list in a subsite do not show up in mf flow

Master_ID, Master_ID:Lead, and Master_ID: Manager are lookup columns from a parent site. I want to bring those values to my below current site using flow. But when I 'Create item', the flow doesn't show those lookup type columns.

emmahuynh_2-1612217762971.png

Flow doesn't show those columns. How could I bring values from a parent site to a child site using a flow? Thank you

emmahuynh_1-1612217719982.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
emmahuynh
Helper II
Helper II

I could find a way to do that. For the Columns that showing in a sharepoint list but don't show in Flow, we can use "Send HTTP Request" to enter the column name. 

emmahuynh_0-1612792085411.png

The Team Name column doesn't show in Flow, so i used "Send an http request to SP" to call team name and enter the values.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yiwenxie-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @emmahuynh 

There are many possibilities of the lookup item not showing up.

First, please check if these lookup columns are secondary columns which means they are additionally added to the primary lookup column.

If these are secondary columns, they will not show up in ‘create item’ action. Only the primary column will show up in ‘create item’ action.

Then, if the primary lookup column doesn’t show up, please delete this action and recreate a new one. Because you might have created the ‘create action’ before creating these lookup columns.

If those methods do not work, could you show the screenshot of your lookup column settings?

Ps. Please make sure you have the permission of the two lists.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Kira Xie
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Since we can't create a lookup column directly from child to parent. So, i follow these steps to bring the Lookup column from parent to child.

Go to Site Actions > Site Settings => Under Galleries select Site Column => Click Create at the top of the list => Give the column a title you will reference in your "child" list => Select Lookup as the column type => Select the site's column group to categorize the new column => Select the list to lookup from the "Get information from" dropdown

Select the column of the lookup list you want to reference as the key in your "child" lists

From the sub-site (site that you need to create the child list)

From the All Items list vies, select Settings > List Settings. At the end of the Columns list select Add from existing site columns. You can filter the selections by selecting the group you associated the parent column with from the dropdown . Select the site column you created above and click the Add button

Now I have this 'Team Name Lookup' column and am able to add lookup value. However, with this column, the flow does NOT show it when "Create Item". 

Is that because I  created lookup column from parent site by using "Add from existing site column", instead of "create column" like we usually do with normal lookup column?

emmahuynh_3-1612312378373.png

Here ui is Delivery Estimate table from Child Site. I brought lookup column from parent site using the above directions.

Here is the Resource table from parent site

emmahuynh_4-1612312460729.png

emmahuynh
Helper II
Helper II

I could find a way to do that. For the Columns that showing in a sharepoint list but don't show in Flow, we can use "Send HTTP Request" to enter the column name. 

emmahuynh_0-1612792085411.png

The Team Name column doesn't show in Flow, so i used "Send an http request to SP" to call team name and enter the values.

v-yiwenxie-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @emmahuynh 

So glad that you find the solution yourself. Could you please accept it as the solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Kira Xie
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi emmahuynh,

would you mind sharing the Body content as well as the other information in text format? That would be very helpful.

Thanks a lot!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (2,626)