cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Loop issue: Sending customized mails to Resolved emails, based on filtered criteria

Hi Everyone,

I intend to inform owners of each breached item about their breached requests in their queue.

i have successfully filtered the breached items with odata.

1. But problem is I to resolve the email address of the recipients(bcos the Sender & Acountable columns is in text field not people field), I cannot resolve the email of each breached item to another defined People Column (AccountablePerson and ReceivePerson)

2. I need to send each AccountablePerson( ResolvedPerson copied) a mail about each of their breached items.

Please see attachment

loop issue 1 -  resolve theaddress of items.pngloop issue 2 - send the emails to those address informing them.png

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Why are you having two Apply to each?

The first one with Value and the second one with Initiator.

Does Initiator have more then one records in it?

Similarly the case with ID?
Highlighted

Hi @Rahber ,

Thanks for your response. Honestly I dont get to understand how the loops work. I understand the concept, I read, but still dont understand.

The ID is actual unique to the rows from sharepoint. the odata filter defined earlier will extract the rows having a breach. so there are multiple records to process, and the initiator column has just one email(text) per row... I hope you understand.

Highlighted

So remove the loop from Initiator and ID.

You are already using the loop on ROWs by using the value

So this is how it should look like.

Apply to Each -> Select an Output from PRevious Step -> Value
Resolve Person Action

Apply to Each -> Select an Output from PRevious Step -> Value
Update Item

This is how it should look like

variable.PNG

Please click Accept as Solution if it resolved your problem or give it a Thumbs Up if it helped you in anyway this will allow other people to search correct solutions effectively.

Thanks,

Rahber

Highlighted

this is solved.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (13,971)