Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Looping flow to email blocks of 250ish people in a larger list

Hi there,

I have a list of 9500 people who I want to email because they are eligible to apply for our tutoring program.

I would like to email them all the invite using flow, however, the Send email from a shared mailbox connector is limited to 265 emails.

Is there a way to get a flow to send the first 250 emails and then loops back, get the next 250 email and send and so on until it reaches the end of the list?

Here is my flow which emails 256 peopleEmail circular flow.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Create a variable called SkipCount - Integar - 0 insert this into the list rows present in a table action into Skip Count set Top Count to 250.

Put your existing flow inside a do until loop. You will need to figure out how to break this loop, perhaps SkipCount > 10000 would do the trick.

Under your email action Set SkipCount to SkipCount+250.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Create a variable called SkipCount - Integar - 0 insert this into the list rows present in a table action into Skip Count set Top Count to 250.

Put your existing flow inside a do until loop. You will need to figure out how to break this loop, perhaps SkipCount > 10000 would do the trick.

Under your email action Set SkipCount to SkipCount+250.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi there,

Thanks for this.  It's been super interesting. 

I have one question,  when you say under mail action Set SkipCount to SkipCount+250, I'm not sure where or how to do this as there doesn't appear to be a skip count field

Email flow updated emailk section.PNG

Here is what i have so far: email updated 1.PNGemail updated 2.PNG

To break the loop I added a count index column to my table which just lists 1,2,3, etc however, when I did this, it put the whole thing inside a an apply to each which I'm not sure will work.

Thanks for all your help

Highlighted

Sorry i was not clear.

I meant under the email action use a set a variable action, to set skipcount to skipcount+250

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @PipManifold  & @Gristy 

The default limit is 256 for the list rows. You can change this by setting the below. Click the Settings.

image.png

Set the pagination On and threshold limit.

image.png

If you intention is to send 256 emails each then ofcourse @Gristy solution is the one you want.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials
Highlighted

Thanks so much Gristy:

can I confirm that this is what you meant:

Email updated 3.PNG

Thanks 

Pip

Highlighted

Hi,

No that will error as you are trying to set a number to a + symbol.

Try this:

Click the field

Click Expression

Use Expression

add(variables('totalhours'),250)

You may need to do this in a compose first and then in the set variable, as i do not think variabls can reference themselve.

Highlighted

Hi Gristy,

Thanks for all your ongoing help - I've only been doing this a few weeks. I'm trying to learn as fast as I can

Is this what you were thinking:

Email updated 4.PNG

Also will 'totalhours' work for me of is that meant to reference my SkipCount variable?

Highlighted

Yep that looks like what i mean.

But coming back to the other helpers post - is the limit retrieving too many, or the email connector cannot email more than 250? As my idea is for the latter, where his is for the former and may be a lot easier if there is no limit on the email connector.

not sure what you are meaning with total hours

Highlighted

🙂 Awesome.

The problem I'm having is that the email connector is limited to 256 lines and therefore only sends out 256 emails. That's why I need something that loops around and repeats with the next 250 emails.

Thanks so much for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,190)