cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

MANAGE RUN-ONLY USERS - Can't add Sharepoint list

Just recently the possibility to add a sharepoint list to the Manage run-only users was added.

I used it in couple of cases. But in the current flow I am building, I don't see the option to add a sharepoint list. The drop down for choosing the site and list just not there? Why? The trigger for this flow is "For a selected item" and I have chosen there document library.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: MANAGE RUN-ONLY USERS - Can't add Sharepoint list

Hi @shalem120,

Could you show me a screenshot of your run-only users?

When testing it on my side, I can select Site and List/Library on my side likes below, the trigger I am using is also “For a selected item”.

1.PNG

Which browser are you using? Could you try with a different browser to see if it will work. If you are still having the issue, please feel free post back.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Mabel,

Thanks for trying to help.

This is not a browser issue since I have another flow which shows me the option to choose a SharePoint list.

Attached are two side-by-side screenshots, and you can see that for one flow (Request Feedback) I can't set a list as a user, and for the other flow (Executive Summary) I can, while you can also see side-by-side that both use the same list as a triger.

PermissionsPermissionsTriggersTriggers

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @shalem120,

Thanks for the detailed information.

I’d like to know how did you start the two flows? I guess that flow Executive summary was set up from SharePoint online, while flow Request Feedback was start from flow.onmicrosoft.com.

Per my test, I found that when using SharePoint document library, start the flow from SharePoint online, you will be able to configure the list as a user, while if you start the flow from flow.onmicrosoft.com, you can’t. However, when using SharePoint list, you can set the list as a user for both situations.

Please recreate the flow from SharePoint online, I assume then you will be able to set it.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Mabel,

Both flows were created with the Save as option inside Flow website. I don't how the original flows were created.

Both flows are triggered from a document library (may I ask I did you know that?).

I also noticed that while I'm in the relevant document library in SharePoint online, when I right click a document and choose Flow from the context menu, I do see the option to trigger the Executive Summary flow, but I don't see the option to trigger the Request Feedback flow. See photo attached.

When you say "recreate the flow from SharePoint online" - what exactly is the proccess you want me to take? Is it going to the document library in SharePoint online and clicking the Flow > Create a Flow in the command bar, and than recreate the rentire flow?Context.JPG

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-yamao-msft

I havn't heard back from you, regarding [When you say "recreate the flow from SharePoint online" - what exactly is the proccess you want me to take? Is it going to the document library in SharePoint online and clicking the Flow > Create a Flow in the command bar, and than recreate the rentire flow?]..

Thanks for the help,

Gil.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@v-yamao-msft

I am happy to share that replacing the document library NAME with the document library GUID, in the List Name field of the For a Selected Item trigger, solved the problem. After saving, the option to choose a SharePoint list as a Run-Only permission appeared.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,687)