cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

MS FLOW Help (SQL Query -> Insert rows on excel/Create CSV-> send that as excel attachment in email)

Hi,

I am having trouble but very close to making it work!

Let me know if you have any ideas. Ive tried doing insert row for excel but doesnt show up in dynamic text in email attachment so I think the way to go is create CSV table. The error I get is Bad Request on 'Send an email'

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @mmkrapez,

You could create the flow as below:

Capture.PNG

Please let me know if your problem could be solved.

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Frequent Visitor

I've got it to send a file. 

But it's of type FILE...I need it to go into an excel file organized?with headers and data under.

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mmkrapez,

Could you please share a full screenshot of your flow which could send a file?

Could you please explain more details about the go into an excel file organized with headers and data under that you mentioned?

If you would like to send an email with an excel file as the attachment,

You could create the excel file in your onedrive for business to trigger the flow, and then the flow would send an email with the excel as attachment.

Capture.PNG

You could also create an CSV table,and then send the email with attachment, you could create the flow as below:

Capture.PNG

Please share more details about your problem so we could provide a proper workaround for you or let me know if your problem could be solved.

Best regards,

Alice

@v-yuazh-msft

I don't want to get excel rows, I want to insert excel rows because the process should go like this: I am getting the rows from SQL and inserting them into a blank excel document table, then I want to email that excel document. 

I created the headings already so that shouldnt be a problem.

Hi @mmkrapez,

Capture.PNG

Please let me know if your problem could be solved.

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (59,299)