cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ElizabethK
Helper II
Helper II

MS FLOW that captures all the information from a list entry and sends it in an email

I need to make an MS Flow that captures all of the information that is filled out in a SharePoint list entry and have that emailed to someone. I have not found a way to cleanly do this. The information provided on the SharePoint list will then be used in an insurance file so it needs to look nice. Does anyone have a good solution for this. A literal screenshot of the form filled out would be ideal but I want that to automatically happen so that it just takes the information captured and emails it to the person who will be handling the insurance case. I am hopeless at power apps so I am really looking for an MS Flow instead.  I appreciate your help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ElizabethK ,

Could you please share more details about the sharepoint list? would you please explain the columns in the list?

And you could take a try to refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
rsaikrishna
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @ElizabethK 

Create a SharePoint list as below:

List1.JPG

Here is the sample flow to which triggers on SharePoint list item created:

Flow123.png

Sample Email Output:

Email1.png

If my reply helped, please mark the reply as Accepted Solution with a ThumbsUp.

v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ElizabethK ,

Could you please share more details about the sharepoint list? would you please explain the columns in the list?

And you could take a try to refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png

Best Regards,

Alice

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @v-alzhan-msft 

I like your solution but it won't run a flow when I put it together.  I have attached the screenshot (I apologize that it is split side by side) and then the error I receive and also the form that they are supposed to fill out. Am I doing something wrong or will this flow not work for this type of thing? Thank you!

Flow.pngError.pngForm.png

Hi @ElizabethK ,

Do you want to send on one item in the email?

You should use the Get items action instead of the get item action.

The Select action would require an Array output from the Get items action, and you should choose the column value from the Get items action.

Best regards,

Alice   

@v-alzhan-msft 

Hi Alice,

I am sorry I do not understand what you mean. I would like all of the answers to the form to be sent in the email.

Hi @ElizabethK ,

You have added the wrong action, please choose "Get items" instead of "Get item" in your flow:

1.png

Best Regards,

Alice

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,636)