cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

MS Flow: Export Sharepoint list to Excel/CSV than save in Teams channel

Hello,

every Thursday I am exporting a Sharepoint list into Excel and then manually upload it into a Teams channel.
I want to automate this process by using MS Flow. Can you help me do that?

When doing research I found out that with Flow one could only export a Sharepoint list into a CSV file which would be OK, too. But then how do I build the flow that it saves this CSV file in Teams?

Looking forward to receiving your answers 🙂

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BitStel ,

If you want to create a CSV file, please refer to the following configuration:

199.PNG

In addition, we cannot post files to the Teams channel, please check the following thread:

Solved: Posting a File to Microsoft Teams - Power Platform Community

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi @BitStel ,

Please make sure that the Folder Path you filled in does exist, it seems to be Shared Documents.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

So this is my first flow I built but when it was scheduled to work I received a failure notification...

I don't understand what the mistake is though... Maybe the last step create a file. There I inserted the link of the file storage folder of the target teams channel where the Sharepoint list as newly created CSV file is supposed to be moved to...

Anyone any tips for me?

MS Flow_Sharepoint_CSV_Teams.PNG

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BitStel ,

If you want to create a CSV file, please refer to the following configuration:

199.PNG

In addition, we cannot post files to the Teams channel, please check the following thread:

Solved: Posting a File to Microsoft Teams - Power Platform Community

Best Regards,

Highlighted

Hello @v-bacao-msft ,

thanks for the fast and helpful reply.

I changed the Flow and it seems to run until the point when the CSV file is created and then I get an error message for the "Create file" step (see picture below…) I don't really understand what I need to change now.

Thankful for any suggestions!! 🙂

Flow Problem2.PNGSharepoint folder.PNG

Highlighted

Hi @BitStel ,

Please make sure that the Folder Path you filled in does exist, it seems to be Shared Documents.

Best Regards,

Highlighted

Hello @v-bacao-msft ,

now the Flow works but the data from the SharePoint list is not exported into a normal table as is done when I manually export the SharePoint list in Excel but it looks like some kind of formula spread over dozens of lines...

Flow Problem3.PNG

Any idea what I did wrong here?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,362)