cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maiden

MS Flow - Get a row from Excel that is linked to other Excel gives me a #REF! result

Hi all,

I'm hitting a wall as I'd like to have a flow that retrieves data from an Excel sheet to import it into a Sharepoint list. My problem is that this Excel file is linked to another Excel file to get some data that will contribute to calculating the result that I want to extract.

Therefore, when using the Get a row action, I get a "#REF!" value (see screenshot).

I know that links are not supported with Excel Online but is there a way to find a workaround within the flow? Perhaps a function that would open both spreadsheets at the same time?

The links between the two files are quite complicated and would be very much time consuming to reproduce within flow (and I wouldn't even know where to begin).

Many thanks for your help with this!

Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 9.04.13 PM.png

1 REPLY 1
sumurthy
Microsoft
Microsoft

How is the workbook referencing other workbook? 

Can you use workbook links?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/create-an-external-reference-link-to-a-cell-range-in-anot...

If so, you can potentially use Office Scripts to calculate and get results 

See here for how to achieve that -- 

https://github.com/sumurthy/officescripts-projects/tree/main/Excel%20Calculation

The same repo has other relevant samples you can use to calculate, extract data to other actions. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (17,079)