Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
IPGeorgiev
Level: Powered On

MS Flow - Office Forms - Compare values

Hi all,

I have an office form where the person should answer couple of questions and one of them is to enter a 4 digit pin to authenticate himself (as accessing the form doesnt require sign in ). Other question is to select a name from a drop down menu - so here at the moment this is being tracked manually - once there is a response to the form I am manually checking if the PIN and Name the person choose match (as I have a list of PINs and corresponding names) only then I can count the response as legit.

Is there a way to, somehow, automate this and delete or do other actions with responses which are not legit, based on this comparison?

Many thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: MS Flow - Office Forms - Compare values

@IPGeorgiev what platform is your form using as by the sound of it it isn't Microsoft Forms?

Rob
Los Gallardos

IPGeorgiev

Hi 

Super User
Super User

@IPGeorgiev this is quite straightforward if you have the names and PIN numbers in a SharePoint list. The column for the PIN number must be a single line of text, not a number column:
0-SP-list.png

The flow trigger is a Forms When a new response is submitted, immediately followed by the first action which is to get the response details.

Next, add a SharePoint Get items action and in the advanced options add a filter query of PIN eq 'Please enter your PIN' - you select the question from the dynamic content panel - so that the only item brought back is the one item matching the PIN:

1-trigger-getItems.png

Next, even though we are only bringing back 1 item from the SharePoint list, when you add a Condition of Title is equal to {Please select your name} it will wrap itself in an apply to each. This is expected and is no problem.

Then you add into the green if yes channel the actions that you want to happen if the PIN and name DO match, and enter into the red if no channel the actions you want to happen if the PIN and name do not match.

2-condition.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

IPGeorgiev

Many thanks for the details! This looks awesome - however - one last question - can I do this with a list on a Sharepoint on premises and not SharePoint online? (might be a stupid questions, however I am about to setup a SharePoint on Premises, as we dont have SharePoint Online)

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,355)