cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ajh
Advocate II
Advocate II

MS Flow and Time Zones SQL Get Rows

We are using a sql getrows action to pull data from our on prem database. We have a record that when viewed within SSMS straight at the database appears correct, it is at 15:38. When we do getutcdate on the server, it is correctly displaying 5 hrs ahead of now (we are in US CST). So the server appears correct, PowerBI is correct when displaying the same record to the end user, all looks good until we come to MS Flow.

In MS Flow if we create a sharepoint record or a planner task using the same time field, it is off by 5 hours. When I look at the output of the sql getrows action, it appears to show ...15:38Z as the time, which would indicate it is 15:38 zulu, correct? That is not accurate because down stream from that step we create records with that datetime field and it is 5 hrs off.

I've successfully used an addhours() type step to adjust the time, but I don't want to come in here and edit it twice a year, which is apparently what I would need to do because it does not adjust correctly for daylight savings time. Meaning I had it initially doing 6 hrs, but had to edit it to 5 when we rolled into DST. 

When I look at the sharepoint or planner create item action I see the string 2020-04-28T15:38:18Z as what is going into sharepoint/planner, so I think this may be a bug with sql getrows. Is there a way to fix this?

1 REPLY 1
RAW1230

Same! this is so frustrating, can we please get this fixed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,375)