cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

MS Flow which sends an email when an upcoming event is starting soon in Rooms

Hi Everyone,

I am new to MS Flow / Power Automate and really need help.

I would like to create a Flow which sends an email to several target emails when an upcoming event is starting soon in Room (Board Room). 

I only successfully created that flow only based on my calender not for room calender.

How can I create a flow which reads room schedule and send an email when an upcoming event is starting soon?

I am looking forward to hearing from you

Kind regards,

Enoch Kim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Anonymous 

Could you try to change the connection, and log in with the room email address? Have a look at this thread for more information: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Easiuest-way-to-get-calendar-id-for-the-Office-365-Calendar/td-p/6279

Regards,

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

What is the room calender that you mentioned? Is it a calendar in other user account? If yes, you could create a new connection to the user's account so the room calender would be a selection in the Calendar id field.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hello @Anonymous 

You need read permissions on the room calendar in order to show in the Calendar Id field, or you have to create a new connection (add new connection) which has read permissions on it:

flow.png

Hope it helps!

Ferran 

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @fchopo,

I am really appreciate your advice. I think I have a read permission of the  can room as I can see the room calendar in outlook. I would like to send a email when an upcoming event is soon based on the room schedule.

Can you please let me know the steps plz?

Kind regards

Enoch

Hello @Anonymous 

Could you try to change the connection, and log in with the room email address? Have a look at this thread for more information: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Easiuest-way-to-get-calendar-id-for-the-Office-365-Calendar/td-p/6279

Regards,

Ferran

Proud to be a Flownaut!
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Does your issue still exists?

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fchopo Thank you so much for your help. I solved this issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,226)