cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndrewSmith84
Helper I
Helper I

MS Form multi choice email flow shows results in array

{ "inputs": { "host": { "connection": { "name": "@parameters('$connections')['shared_sendmail']['connectionId']" } }, "method": "post", "body": { "to": "@{body('Get_response_details')?['responder']};", "subject": "New Starter Request - ID: 0000@{items('Apply_to_each')?['resourceData']?['responseId']}", "text": "

Hi,
\n
\nA new starter request has been logged by @{body('Get_user_profile_(V2)')?['displayName']}.
\n
\nOboarding Details;
\n
\nFirst Name: @{body('Get_response_details')?['r3038db0838f5426cbf4fac546e077393']}
\nLast Name: @{body('Get_response_details')?['r5cfa31a9b0f3495cbbb1ea12316626e8']}
\nDepartment: @{body('Get_response_details')?['rd068ed07e49a4b9fb990e7d54c84eb59']}
\nHardware Required: @{body('Get_response_details')?['r0b5ca0760079400b8302d6508d85d76c']}

", "ishtml": true }, "path": "/v3/mail/send", "authentication": "@parameters('$authentication')" }, "metadata": { "flowSystemMetadata": { "swaggerOperationId": "SendEmailV3" } } }

But the Email prints the multiple choices responses like this: Hardware Required: ["Laptop","Mobile","Headset"]

I am using V3 send Email because I don't want my Email address to be the sender, instead it shows as a generic address.

Can I not have the responses like this in the Email body? 

Hardware Required: 

Laptop

Mobile

Headset

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

@AndrewSmith84 you can see my response at https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Case-Switch-from-an-MS-form-not-working/m-p/44272... which describes how to break out the response from a multi-select Forms questions into individual string variables. Hopefully that will help you.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (43,619)