cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FlowUser2
Frequent Visitor

MS Forms File Upload - Multiple optional questions

Hello,

I'm working on building a Flow based off of a Microsoft Form that has 4 different file upload questions. I would like to attach anything uploaded to an approval action. I have a solid understanding on how to get files uploaded for a single question. However, this a bit more complicated scenario. My questions are:

1. Each of these questions are optional, so there could be responses that have no files uploaded on any questions, some that only have files uploaded on 1 or 2 of the questions, or some that have files uploaded or all 4 questions. How do I add a check that will only do the Parse JSON etc. actions on the questions that have a response?

2. How can get each of the questions that contain a response and loop through the ones that have a value to get the uploaded files from each of the questions that have a response and attach the uploaded files to an approval?

Thanks for your time!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @FlowUser2  you cloud  use paralel to solve your options an for example a fuction that look if the value exist.

Look.

paralel.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @FlowUser2  you cloud  use paralel to solve your options an for example a fuction that look if the value exist.

Look.

paralel.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Thank you @ChristianAbata , that got me on the right track.

I ended up using a conditional to determine if any of the 4 file upload questions had a response. Underneath that conditional I did parallel branches for each question to get the files and add it to a subfolder for that response in a file repository on Sharepoint. Then in the approval I just added a link to that subfolder.

Thanks for your help!

lcotter

@FlowUser2 Hey! If you don't mind me asking, do you remember how you set up the conditional to determine if the questions had a response? I have a similar form that I'm working on, but am new to using flow. Just can't quite figure the conditional part out

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,406)