cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dallas-Chambers
Frequent Visitor

MS Forms Into Dataverse / Case Creation Errors

Hello All, 

Thanks for taking time to look over my post. I am having issues with my flow and I think I need a push in the right direction. 

As shown in the image below, I have it set for when a response is submitted to create a case. This will be used for a inter company support system. So people within the company will go to this form and submit their response. When that happens I want a case created in CRM with their information listed. 

DallasChambers_1-1623951417120.png

I have it so all cases are tied to a specific account in CRM. I found that I needed to use the ID for the account to make it work. What my trouble is, is that the flow needs a contactID to create the case. Shown in the image below you can see the accountID and the contactID for my test user. I found that I needed to have the ID's in these fields after getting syntax errors repeatedly when using the dynamics fields that were from the form 'EX 'responders email'. 

DallasChambers_2-1623951612054.png

Where I am stuck is that these responses will be done many the members of the company. There is no way for me to grab their contactID's. The only reason that I was able to my example to work is because I have the ID for my test user in there. I don't know of a way to have that auto populate or a way to grab that information. The only place that I am able to see the contactID is from the URL on that contact record in CRM. 

DallasChambers_4-1623952061592.png

I am looking to have this work off of the who ever submits the form. However Power Automate needs the ID to work. Any thoughts or tips for me? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Dallas-Chambers

Sure, can I ask you if you have on the MSForm any identifier to the contact?

In another words are you grabbing contact email or name?

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@Dallas-Chambers 

In the MS Form that is submitted; are you capturing submitter email or any other details?

If yes so you need when a Response is submitted to check if there is an existing contact using List Rows and ODATA Filter , if the contact exists grab the ID and save it from the Contact / OtherWise Create a new contact from the details in your form and use the generated id in your Add Row Case step.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hello! @Mira_Ghaly 

Thank you for your response on my post. It is very helpful with understanding the logic. I am very new to Power Automate and learning this as I go. The one part I don't understand is how to grab the ID from the contact. I only know that the ID lives in the URL on the contact record, so grabbing in Power Automate stumps me. Is there a way you can help me figure out how to grab that? Point me in the right direction on how to find and use that value. I would really appreciate the help. 

Thanks!

@Dallas-Chambers

Sure, can I ask you if you have on the MSForm any identifier to the contact?

In another words are you grabbing contact email or name?

View solution in original post

Hello @Mira_Ghaly 

Below is a screen shot of the form, where I am gathering that data.

DallasChambers_0-1624295225791.png

So far, here is my flow. I know it needs work but I am not sure how to really capture this information. 

DallasChambers_1-1624298807564.png

@Mira_Ghaly 

I have been working on this and found a way to find the contact id, (@search.objectid)

DallasChambers_0-1624552552190.png

Now that I have this in my Output, how would I even move that to a var? So I can put it in my case creation. That is what I don't know. 

DallasChambers_1-1624552915673.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,147)