cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leanns
Level: Powered On

MS Forms and Flow

Hello, the flow that I've been working on for the past couple days is supposed to allow the user to select who to send the approval form to. It can be multiple people. The flow has multiple steps in it and the main purpose is to move a file from one folder to another once it's been approved. Each file has a due date that it needs to be approved by and if it isn't then a reminder needs to be sent out until it's completed. At the moment, I'm using a MS Form to ask the user to input the name of the file, due date, and department for the file. All this information gets uploaded to a Sharepoint List to keep track of all files that have been submitted to be approved with their approval status. What I want is to be able to take the department value and get a list of people within that department for management and send the approval to them. Is this possible? I've been trying to figure out to use Office 365 Users actions and triggers but I can't seem to figure it out. If this isn't possible, no problem, thanks for the help anyways.

Here's some pictures to help reference my flow and form.

Flow_part1.PNGFlow_part2.PNGForm.PNGSharepointList.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
leanns

Re: MS Forms and Flow

@v-yuazh-msft

Thanks for the input. I accidently double posted this so I'm going to refer to the other thread that I have (https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/Taking-a-value-from-MS-Forms-and-using-i...).

But to answer your questions:

First: The signal for completion would be whether it's been approved or rejected. If its been approved the file will be moved into the approval folder and if its rejected it will stay where it is in the needs approval folder. For the first approval (the initial approval) the approver can either approve, reject, or do nothing. If they do nothing then it times out after 1 day and it moves into the condition where it checks to see if today's date is less than or equal to the due date received from the form and send out another approval email until the approver either approves or rejects. Then the flow stops. I would like to say the reminder goes out once a day until its completed but I haven't experimented that far into it besides getting it to work.

Second: The expresssion in the do until is:

@or(equals(body('Start_an_approval_2')?['response'],'Approve'),equals(body('Start_an_approval_2')?['response'],'Reject'), equals(body('Start_an_approval_3')?['response'],'Approve'), equals(body('Start_an_approval_3')?['response'],'Reject'))

So basically, it will kick itself out of the loop once a response has been selected for either approval 2 or 3.

Third: The condition 3 is: utcNow() is less than or equal to DueDate token. Basically they're the exact same except the messages within the approval body message and the emails that are sent out afterwards. On the yes side, the approver hasn't reached the due date (or could be day of) so they're not in trouble yet. On the no side, the approver has forgotten about approving this document and needs to ASAP basically.

Fourth: Am I not allowed to use more than one trigger in a single flow? I would like this to be one flow if possible.

Thanks,

leanns

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ leanns,

First, For the "Each file has a due date that it needs to be approved by and if it isn't then a reminder needs to be sent out until it's completed" that you mentioned.

What is the signal of "completed"?

Could you please explain until what time the file isn't approved then reminder needs to be sent out,will the approval will be continue to send if the response is not approve?and if the response is reject then the approval will be continue to send beforew due date?

Second,could you please share more details about the expression in the do until?

Third,could you please explain what is the difference between the If yes branch and the If no branch of Condition 3?

Fourth,you could consider creating two flow to achieve your needs,I afraid that you couldn't use the trigger "When a file is created " and the trigger "When a new response is submitted" in a single flow.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

leanns

@v-yuazh-msft

Thanks for the input. I accidently double posted this so I'm going to refer to the other thread that I have (https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/Taking-a-value-from-MS-Forms-and-using-i...).

But to answer your questions:

First: The signal for completion would be whether it's been approved or rejected. If its been approved the file will be moved into the approval folder and if its rejected it will stay where it is in the needs approval folder. For the first approval (the initial approval) the approver can either approve, reject, or do nothing. If they do nothing then it times out after 1 day and it moves into the condition where it checks to see if today's date is less than or equal to the due date received from the form and send out another approval email until the approver either approves or rejects. Then the flow stops. I would like to say the reminder goes out once a day until its completed but I haven't experimented that far into it besides getting it to work.

Second: The expresssion in the do until is:

@or(equals(body('Start_an_approval_2')?['response'],'Approve'),equals(body('Start_an_approval_2')?['response'],'Reject'), equals(body('Start_an_approval_3')?['response'],'Approve'), equals(body('Start_an_approval_3')?['response'],'Reject'))

So basically, it will kick itself out of the loop once a response has been selected for either approval 2 or 3.

Third: The condition 3 is: utcNow() is less than or equal to DueDate token. Basically they're the exact same except the messages within the approval body message and the emails that are sent out afterwards. On the yes side, the approver hasn't reached the due date (or could be day of) so they're not in trouble yet. On the no side, the approver has forgotten about approving this document and needs to ASAP basically.

Fourth: Am I not allowed to use more than one trigger in a single flow? I would like this to be one flow if possible.

Thanks,

leanns

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Coming Soon: T-shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,949)