cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamos13
Frequent Visitor

MS Forms survey response details to excel

So, I am working on automation tracking for another department at my company. The purpose of it is to collect names for a survey that will be sent out to the specified/requested employees to fill out at a later date. They have a MS Forms survey where they are collecting the names for this future survey, 5 are required but the responder can provide up to 25 total names. The department needs the first/last name and the email of each employee in the responses put into an excel spreadsheet.

I currently have an automated flow that will check each answer in a response to see if it can pull an O365 profile from the provided name, then validates the domain in the email(s) associated with the profile, then adds them to the excel spreadsheet if all checks out. It works, but after running the flow a few times the excel actions break with the 429 error and only way I've been able to fix it is to delete the action and redo it. Obviously this is inefficient, so I'm trying to find ways that may help work around or minimize this issue.

Has anyone found a better work around than to redo each broken excel action item? Is it possible to create more than one row in excel in a single step using something like functions? Is there a more efficient way to automate this than what I'm doing? I've included a screen shot of part of the flow below to provide a visual example of what it's doing right now.

Screenshot 2021-11-05 125601 (2).png

Expressions used are;

empty(outputs('P6_Search')?['body/value'])

endsWith(items('Rater_-_P6')?['Mail'], 'redacted')
0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (1,831)