cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
THW86

MS Forms to Get Response Details and Add a row into a table

Hello,

I have created an MS Form that has similar questions based on the branching and answers to previous questions. This means that the Excel data from Forms ends up with multiple columns with the same name (EX: Entity, Entity2, Entity3). In building the flow in Power Automate, the Dynamic Content shows 3 options when I search dynamic content (EX: Entity, Entity, Entity) and does not have the identifier of 2 vs 3. This causes issue with selecting the correct responses inline with the form submission.

THW86_3-1618940717643.png

Is there a way to use the Expression formulas instead of the Dynamic Content search? 

Is there a better way to pull this data? My Excel from MS Forms has 123 columns. 

5 REPLIES 5
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @THW86 

You could use the following expression to get a value from Forms:

outputs('get_response_details')?['body/redd2289989892']

where redd2289989892 is the identifier of your question in Forms.

How do we get this identifier? If we have a look at the output of the "Get response details" action we can get it through its values:

forms_submit.png

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi @fchopo - Thank you for the response! How do I look at the Output of the "Get response details" action to get the appropriate identifier?

fchopo
Super User
Super User

Whenever you execute your flow, you can inspect the 28-day run history, and see in details what's been going on inside the flow:

history.png

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!
THW86

@fchopo It doesn't seem that the identifiers are in same order as the response questions. EX: 

Column1: ID

Column2: Start Time

Column3: Completion Time

Column4: Email

Column5: Name

Identifiers:

{

"responder": "john@test.com",

"submitDate": "4/20/2021 1:42:34 PM",

"rc2384426a42b4a3c9f633c20221a828d": "123456789",

"rbe17784a04aa4fd4b136276ca1e11091": "John",

"r955d7253a9ac4bce9202a580a534f185": "",

"r6bb78f5ea7954a5898047c84065f7d2b": "John@test.com ",

Is there a different way to capture the identifiers? Is it pulling the identifiers in the order of the Form (in edit mode) without the branching?

Thank you for your help!

fchopo
Super User
Super User

As I understand, it doesn't matter the order of the identifiers. I mean, you only need to identify the fields Id, and in the output of the "get response details" you should have all the output fields.

Regards,

Ferran

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,443)