cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VB1792

MS Forms to SharePoint - Empty Long text field, logic

Dear community,

I am building a flow that assesses a MS Forms that should notify me if a long text field is not empty. Somehow "Answer to Question" is equal to fx null is not working. It returns a false for an empty field.

Any ideas on how to get around this?

Thank you.

BR,
Valentin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @VB1792 

You could use the empty() function, checking if the value of the form field is empty or not:

forms.png

When writing the expression, write the function name (empty) and then select the form field from the dynamic content (don't try to write the forms field id!).

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
VB1792

VB1792_0-1600271241321.png

Hello @VB1792 

You could use the empty() function, checking if the value of the form field is empty or not:

forms.png

When writing the expression, write the function name (empty) and then select the form field from the dynamic content (don't try to write the forms field id!).

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi Ferran,

thanks for the quick and on-point response. That now does the trick 🙂

Best wishes,
Valentin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,668)