cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LizTriffitt
Regular Visitor

MS Forms to Sharepoint List

@ekarim2020 can you help please? - I changed the typing error and it fixed the issue for two of my flows; not this one which is a bit bigger than the other two and uses a different MS Form for the trigger. 

I have a MS form that has questions in it to submit dates for four different things.  Nothing is mandatory. Language is set to United Kingdom.  The form is collecting the data correctly.

I have a flow that is triggered when data is submitted in MS Forms; it is meant to copy the MS Form data to a SharePoint list.  It continues to fail. 

Error: 

LizTriffitt_1-1654831150952.png

Flow below:

LizTriffitt_0-1654830316062.png

CreateItem-1.pngCreateItem-2.png

CreateItem-4.png

Expression: 

if(empty(outputs('Compose')),null,outputs('Compose'))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LizTriffitt
Regular Visitor

@ekarim2020 

Thx Ellis, yes I had dynamic content in the Upload Files - I've removed this and resubmitted the flow and it worked. I'm not sure that I needed to put anything in for that field?? 

The form has the capacity to upload files.  I'll wait until the next submission when someone has an attachment to see if this is resolved.   

Thank you again.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ekarim2020
Super User
Super User

Hi @LizTriffitt ,

(1) The compose action is storing multiple dates 

ekarim2020_0-1654846401572.png

(2) During run time this is the value stored in the compose action: 2022-04-142022-06-022022-06-022022-06-10

Snag_c767d.png

(3) The flow is then using the values stored in the compose action to set the date field to:

2022-04-142022-06-022022-06-022022-06-10 . This is not a valid date format and this is what is causing the error.

To fix the issue, use the MS Forms field name in the expression.

if(empty(FIELD_NAME), null, FIELD_NAME)

In the example below, the End Date field is used in the expression: 

outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/r851c64c8833d461882ca1192d3ad19cb'])

Snag_1dcab5.png

if(empty(outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/r851c64c8833d461882ca1192d3ad19cb'])null, outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/r851c64c8833d461882ca1192d3ad19cb'] )

Ellis

Thank you Ellis.  Just checking, does this mean that I can delete the compose step?

Hi @LizTriffitt 

(1) For testing purposes you could use, say three Compose actions, each to store the expressions for:

• Purchase Date
  • Site Visit Date
  • Follow Up Date

Then after run time, examine the outputs of the three Compose actions to ensure they are producing the results you expect.

If the results are as you expect, then add the outputs of the compose action into your Create Item action.

(2) Another option: you can write the expressions directly in to the fields of the Create Item action if or when you are confident that the expressions are producing the results you expect.

• Purchase Date
  • Site Visit Date
  • Follow Up Date

Ellis

Thx Ellis,

When the flow ran I can see that it has captured the dates in the correct fields, but the flow has failed.

I now have this message.

LizTriffitt_0-1655851858638.png

Hi @LizTriffitt ,

Can you please show me a screenshot of the Create Item action where you are trying to save this data.

The Create Item action is expecting a value for the field field_Upload_x0020_files, but it is empty ("").

It seems like you are trying to save the content of a file?

OpenApiOperationParameterTypeConversionFailed. The inputs.parameters of workflow operation 'Create item' of type OpenApiConnection' is not valid. Error details: Input parameter 'item/field_Upload_x0020_files' is required to be of type ’Number/double1. The runtime value "" to be converted doesn't have the expected format 'Number/double1.

Ellis

LizTriffitt
Regular Visitor

@ekarim2020 

Thx Ellis, yes I had dynamic content in the Upload Files - I've removed this and resubmitted the flow and it worked. I'm not sure that I needed to put anything in for that field?? 

The form has the capacity to upload files.  I'll wait until the next submission when someone has an attachment to see if this is resolved.   

Thank you again.

LizTriffitt
Regular Visitor

Thank you again @ekarim2020 - this is working as expected.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022- Season 2 has kicked off!

Users online (4,694)