cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brianw1

MS Forms to Smartsheet Automation

Hi All

I am using Power Automate to complete an electronic review process. There are two main steps to the Power Automate workflow 1) transferring all of the responses to Smartsheet triggering an automated "Update" workflow used for approvals and 2) to insert rows into a Smartsheet based on user responses from a MS Form. For example, the end user answers a question "Yes" or "No" on the MS Form and based on there answer it will generate an predetermined action item (i.e. insert a row) into Smartsheet using conditions. This part works fantastically! I have update a screenshot showing this initial workflow. 

However, the issue I am having is during the Smartsheet "Update" review/approval process if a question is changed by the reviewer (e.g., change "No" to "Yes") and that answer would normally trigger an action item, it does nothing because the insert row function is based on the MS Form submission not the Smartsheet update. Smartsheet itself doesn't have a good way that I know of to perform this function automatically and I have posted in the Smartsheet Community as well to no avail. I have been playing with the Power Automate Smartsheet connections, but cant seem to figure it out using Smartsheet as the initial trigger. 

Is there a good way to use Smartsheet updates to trigger the insert row function on another sheet within Power Automate? or is there a good way to update/review MS Form submissions? I am not a fan of using the approval flow for MS Forms it doesn't present the data well enough in my opinion. 

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,394)