cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GTNak
Frequent Visitor

MS Project to Planner: Create and/or Update Tasks

Hi good people,

I have been trying to create a flow that would allow tasks to be pushed from Project to Planner when I publish a project, with new tasks added and old ones updated with new dates. Right now I'm able to get tasks into Planner, but not update, and I end up with duplicates if I run it again, instead of updates....

Basic steps below:

When a Project is Published --> List Plans for a Group --> Condition: (Planner) Plan Name = (Project) Project Name --> If yes: (Project) List Tasks with Project ID -> (Planner) List Tasks with value ID --> Condition: (Planner) Task Title = (Project) Task Title --> If yes: Update a Task /// If no: Create a Task

Image references are attached, I've searched all over for a solution to this, but each one usually involved Excel or Outlook, but not Project. Any help would be much appreciated!

Page 1Page 1Page 2Page 2

2 REPLIES 2
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@GTNak 

i can see you are adding condition here ; have you checked the flow history to try to understand what might gone wrong

Mira_Ghaly_0-1618969649790.png

I also suggest if you can add compose data operation to display the values you are using in your condition , in order to check why your condition is not satisfied.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here
GTNak
Frequent Visitor

Hi Mira,

Thanks for your reply!

There are no errors when I run the flow and on first run it does what it should: populates the plan with tasks. But when I run it again instead of updating it more than doubles the tasks. I've done a bit more tinkering and it seems like it repeats adding new tasks once per existing task. Attached image of the first time its run on the Planner Plan and then the second time. I think the problem is the apply to each, how can I get rid of it and still use the condition?First RunFirst RunSecond RunSecond Run

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,741)