cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

MS flow for Sharepoint located excel document

Hi Users,

I am new to MS flow wanted to get suggestion regarding how can I create this requirement in MS flow.

I have excel sheet(excel1) with column's like Userid,Application Name,Attribute value, Comments .I have excel 2  email & Application name. Both the sheets are stored on the SharePoint website in a document folder.

steps I need to perform -:

1.Read Excel 1 & Excel 2 data.

2.Create a column in Excel 1 where User Id ,Application Name, Attribute Value will be concatenated and adds a new column.

3.Join Data from Excel 1 & Excel 2 based on Application Name .

4.Send email to each Application User Group using Excel 2 with a attachment coming from excel 1 which contains filtered data for specific Application Name , User ID , Attribute Value.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: MS flow for Sharepoint located excel document

Hi @gcuajs 

Thanks for the screen share.

You have two tasks to do here.

1. You can utilise flow to update concatenate values in Excel1

2. Next you need to filter the rows and create an excel file. Here you need to create it dynamically and insert the rows. Unfortunately you won't be able to do dynamic file creation, worksheet and table using Power Automate Excel action steps.

The alternate solution is read the excel file and upload all the excel rows in a SharePoint list. During the list row insert you can concatenate the values of Excel row and find the related email address from Excel2. Use the concatenate value, email address and other related info into one single list. Apply the filter by email so that users will be able to see the data directly from SharePoint.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @gcuajs 

Before I provide the possible solution could you please explain  the following?

1. Step 2 When you concatenate 'User Id ,Application Name, Attribute Value' what separator you want to use?

2. Step 3 What you meant by Join Data?

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@abm-: 1. For concatenation I need pipe as a separator.

2. The Excel sheet 2 ( Email , Application Name) AND  Excel 1 has more detail information (UserID,Application Name ,Attribute value ,Comments). We need to send email at Application Group level which will have attachment which will have list all the userid ,Attribute ,concatenated field based on each application coming from Excel 2.That is the reason I though we need to join the data coming from Excel 1  and Excel 2 and then group them based on each application level to get the correct attachments.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @gcuajs 

Thanks for the screen share.

You have two tasks to do here.

1. You can utilise flow to update concatenate values in Excel1

2. Next you need to filter the rows and create an excel file. Here you need to create it dynamically and insert the rows. Unfortunately you won't be able to do dynamic file creation, worksheet and table using Power Automate Excel action steps.

The alternate solution is read the excel file and upload all the excel rows in a SharePoint list. During the list row insert you can concatenate the values of Excel row and find the related email address from Excel2. Use the concatenate value, email address and other related info into one single list. Apply the filter by email so that users will be able to see the data directly from SharePoint.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,895)